The SBA recognizes companies, organizations and individuals who exemplify the spirit and intent of the SBIR/STTR programs with the Tibbetts Awards. These awards not only recognize the successes but help us document the economic, technical, and societal benefits from SBIR/STTR funding. We look to our community to nominate these individual successes and submit those applications by February 21, 2020.
Named after Roland Tibbetts, the acknowledged founder of the SBIR program, the prestigious Tibbetts Awards recognize those companies, organizations, and individuals that exemplify the very best in SBIR/STTR achievements.
The Awards are presented to those that promote the mission and goals of the SBIR/STTR programs:
- Stimulate technological innovation.
- Work with small business to meet federal research and development needs.
- Encourage diverse participation in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Increase private sector commercialization of innovations derived R&D.
- Foster technology transfer through cooperative R&D between small businesses and research institutions.
Anyone may nominate a company, organization, or individual in the SBIR/STTR ecosystem for a 2020 Tibbetts Award. These awards are presented to those who have leveraged their SBIR/STTR investment or helped others do so, in a way that has generated a measurable impact and demonstrates the spirit and mission of the SBIR/STTR programs. Self-nominations are accepted in the Company and Organization Categories ONLY.
- Companies are evaluated on how they leveraged the SBIR/STTR investment and program to stimulate technological innovation, generate business impacts, and spur economic as well as broader societal benefits and/or national scientific and research advancements. Self-nominations are accepted in this category.
Guidance for Nomination of Company
Submission Link for Nomination of Company
- Organizations are evaluated on impact, creation of supportive ecosystems, success with underrepresented groups, innovative and successful initiatives, advocacy and sustainability of SBIR/STTR programs. Self-nominations are accepted in this category.
Guidance for Nomination of Organization
Submission Link for Nomination of Organization
- Individuals are evaluated on impact, creation of new programs, and/or advocacy of SBIR/STTR programs.
Guidance for Nomination of Individual
Submission Link for Nomination of Individual
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Nominations for the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Tibbetts Awards are open through February 21, 2020. Tibbetts Awardees are selected based on recommendations by a panel of judges. Award notifications will be sent to the recipients via email in April 2020. All recipients will be invited to Washington, D.C. to attend the Tibbetts Awards Ceremony this summer.
More information and Tibbetts Hall of Fame Listings HERE .