Eva Garland Consulting (EGC) is excited to continue our partnership with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to provide FREE support for small businesses planning to apply for a SBIR/STTR award through the NIH Applicant Assistance Program (AAP). The NIH AAP is designed to assist small businesses in preparing a Phase I SBIR or STTR application for the September 6, 2022 deadline. Accepted AAP participants will be assigned an expert coach from Eva Garland Consulting for one-on-one, personalized assistance at each stage of the SBIR/STTR application preparation and submission process.
The mission of the AAP is to increase the number of applications from underrepresented small businesses and to maximize applicant success by offering support and resources. Discover more details about the impact of the NIH AAP and the continued success of prior participants by following this link to a presentation from the 2021 Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Small Business Program Conference.
To learn more about the upcoming NIH AAP cohort and the application process, we welcome all those who are interested in the program to attend an Introductory Informational Webinar on April 25 at 2:00 PM ET. Please click here to sign up for this webinar.
The NIH AAP will support Phase I SBIR/STTR applications for the September 6, 2022 submission deadline from the following participating Institutes and Centers:
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI SBIR)
- The National Institute on Aging (NIA SBIR)
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI SBIR)
- The National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR SBIR)
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS SBIR)
- The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH SBIR)
- The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS SBIR)
- The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS SBIR)
- The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD SBIR)
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA SBIR)
|The AAP portal will open April 25 and accept applications until May 23 at 5:00 PM ET. Eligible applicants must apply to the AAP by May 23 at 5:00 PM ET to be considered for a spot in the program.
Eligibility criteria, the AAP application portal, and additional information can be found on the AAP program website.
Upcoming dates of interest:
- NIH AAP Portal Opens for Applications: Monday, April 25, 2022
- NIH AAP Informational Webinar: Monday, April 25, 2022, at 2:00 PM ET
- NIH AAP Q&A Office Hour: Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 1:00 PM ET
- AAP Applications Deadline: Monday, May 23, 2022, at 5:00 PM ET
- AAP: June 20, 2022 – August 29, 2022
- SBIR/STTR Submission Deadline: September 6, 2022
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional queries or concerns.
NIH AAP Administrator
Eva Garland Consulting, LLC
4242 Six Forks Road, Suite 900
Raleigh, NC 27609