2023-2024 EPA SBIR Solicitation/Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- 2023-2024 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR): Phase I Solicitation/Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
Open: June 28, 2023 – Close: August 23, 2023
Solicitation/BAA number: 68HERC23R0249
Access the SBIR Solicitation Through FedConnect
The official Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) is posted on FedConnect. Proposals must be submitted through FedConnect by the required deadline. Use the following steps to access the BAA via FedConnect:
- Go to FedConnect: https://www.fedconnect.net/FedConnect/Default.htm
- Use the FedConnect search function to Search Public Opportunities Only.
- Select Reference Number in the Search Criteria drop-down menu.
- Enter “68HERC23R0249” into the text box and select the search option.
- Select the SBIR BAA title with Reference Number 68HERC23R0249.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as part of its Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program, is seeking proposals from the small businesses to develop novel environmental technologies in the following topics areas:
2023-2024 EPA SBIR Topics
Clean and Safe Water
- Zero-liquid discharge and brine concentrate minimization
- Treatment and destruction of PFAS in wastewater and other waste streams
- HABs sensors that can monitor cyanobacteria and toxins
Air Quality & Climate
- Innovative technologies to clean indoor air during wildfire smoke events and other high pollution days
- Air pollution control technologies for urban small sources
- Innovations in slurry injection technology for complex waste treatment and disposal
- AI-based indoor mapping and localization using smartphone sensor data
Circular Economy/Sustainable Materials
- Innovative technologies that help consumers prevent food waste in the acquisition, preparation, and storage of food
- Innovative technologies or materials that will improve the U.S. recycling system
- Innovative material reduction and reuse solutions to lower embodied carbon in the built environment
- Rubber anti-degradant technologies for tires and other rubber products that are lower concern for human health and the environment
- Innovative enhanced efficiency fertilizers
All forms necessary for completing a proposal are provided in the BAA. Learn more about how to apply for an SBIR contract.
Did you miss the Informational Webinar on this funding opportunity? View the presentation slides and Q&A.
For more information on future EPA SBIR events and funding opportunities, sign up for the EPA SBIR listserv.