Topics for the Department of Energy (DOE) FY 2024 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 1 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) have been issued and are available on the DOE website. The following DOE program offices are participating in this solicitation:
- Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR)
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES)
- Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER)
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (FES)
- Office of High Energy Physics (HEP)
- Office of Nuclear Physics (NP)
Please register for one or all of the DOE FY 2024 Phase I Release 1 SBIR/STTR Topics webinars and hear directly from the DOE Topic Managers as they provide insight into their respective topics.
- Webinar 1: ASCR and BES Topics (1 -15) Tuesday, July 18, 2023, at 2 PM EDT: Register by clicking HERE
- Webinar 2: BER and FES Topics (16 – 25) Wednesday, July 19, 2023, at 2 PM EDT: Register by clicking HERE
- Webinar 3: HEP and NP Topics (26 – 36) Wednesday, July 26, 2023, at 2 PM EDT: Register by clicking HERE
These webinars are scheduled for 90 minutes and during registration you will be able to submit questions in advance as well as during each webinar. If you can’t attend the live webinars, they will be recorded. Please note, Technology Transfer Opportunity (TTO) Topic 24 will not be discussed in these webinars. Please contact the TTO point of contact directly as listed in the Topics document on the DOE SBIR/STTR website.
Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Webinar
DOE will hold a webinar to discuss the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) and application process on Friday, August 11, 2023. Important changes to the DOE SBIR/STTR programs for the coming year will also be addressed. Registration link will be posted on the DOE’s Website one week prior to the webinar.
Important DOE SBIR/STTR Dates
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, August 07, 2023
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, August 28, 2023 at 5 PM EDT
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT
- Award Notification Date: Tuesday, January 02, 2024*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, February 12, 2024*
*Dates Subject to Change
The DOE Phase 0 Program is provided by the Department of Energy to assist first time applicants learn how to prepare responsive applications to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and/or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program. To be eligible for this service which is FREE, applicants must be a small business with the capability to respond to the topics in the DOE Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA).
- Eligibility – (read more at the link) If you have never submitted an SBIR or STTR application to the Department of Energy (DOE), you meet the first eligibility criteria. Now consider if you have the time to dedicate to a 12-week journey in which our team will guide you through the preparation of a proposal that addresses a need that DOE has articulated in its Topics document.
- Apply for the DOE Phase 0 Assistance Program
- DOE PhI SBIR/STTR Proposal Preparation Tutorials