The Department of Defense (DOD) SBIR 18.3 and the STTR 18.C Broad Agency Announcements (BAA) have been pre-released on the DOD SBIR/STTR Small Business Portal. You may now view the topics and ask technical questions through the Q&A system located at: https://sbir.defensebusiness.org/topics
DOD BAA/Solicitation Changes:
The Small Business Administration (SBA), through its SBIR/STTR Policy Directive, purposely departs from normal Government solicitation formats and requirements and authorizes agencies to simplify the SBIR/STTR award process and minimize the regulatory burden on small business. Therefore, consistent with the SBA Policy Directive, DOD is announcing soliciting SBIR 18.3 and STTR 18.C as Broad Agency Announcements.
SBIR 18.3, the DOD participating agencies invite small businesses to propose innovative solutions to topics in this Announcement.
- Department of Army (26 Topics Offered)
- Department of Navy (5 Topics Offered)
- Department of Air Force (43 Topics Offered)
- Defense Logistics Agency-DLA (17 Topics Offered)
- National Geospatial Inteligence Agency-NGA (2 Topics Offered)
- Office of Secretary Defense/SCO (2 Topics Offered)
- USSOCOM (5 Topics Offered)
STTR 18.C, DOD participating agencies invite small businesses and research institutions to jointly propose cooperative research and development efforts in response to topics in this Announcement.
- Department of Air Force (3 Topics Offered)
- DARPA (6 Topics offered)
- Missile Defense Agency (6 Topics offered)
- USSOCOM (1 Topic offered)
During the Pre-Release period, you may contact the topic authors directly to ask technical questions about specific announcement topics (contact information is listed with the topic). The DOD will begin accepting proposals on September 24, 2018, and will close to proposals on September 24, 2018 at 8:00 pm. (ET). Please plan ahead and submit your proposal early to avoid heavy traffic on the site during the final week.
- SBIR 18.3 and STTR 18.C Pre-release: August 24, 2018.
- SBIR 18.3 and STTR 18.C Open: September 24, 2018.
- SBIR 18.3 and STTR 18.C Close: OCTOBER 24, 2018.
- Proposals are due to the DOD by 8:00 PM (ET)
***Innovation Partnership (IPart) Pre-Proposal (PPA) Submission Deadline:
September 26, 2018 By COB (Clients who are interested in using the IPart programs need to have their PPA pre- reviewed 1-2 weeks PRIOR TO the IPart PPA submission deadline!)
DOD SBIR/STTR Help Desk
The DOD SBIR/STTR Help Desk is prepared to address general questions about these Announcements, proposal preparation, electronic submission process, and other program-related areas. The Help Desk may be contacted from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET, Mondaythrough Friday, at 1-800-348-0787 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDA SBIR/STTR Email: email@example.com