NSF SBIR Federal Submission Deadline – Tues, Dec 8, 2015
IPart PreProposal Submission Deadline – Tues, Nov 10, 2015
NSF STTR Federal Submission Deadline – Fri, Dec 11, 2015
IPart PreProposal Submission Deadline – Fri, Nov 13, 2015
A PDF of Topics & Subtopics is located HERE
NSF SBIR/STTR recognizes that innovation often can’t be categorized. Therefore, NSF SBIR/STTR accepts proposals in any area of technology that shows high commercial potential, not just those listed below.
Topic areas may be updated each time that there is a call for proposals, but generally, our topics are suggestions and do not preclude the submission of a proposal in a certain technology area.NSF SBIR/STTR Technology Topic Areas:
- Educational Technologies and Applications (EA)
- Information Technologies (IT)
- Internet of Things (I)
- Semiconductors (S) and Photonic (PH) Devices and Materials
- Electronic Hardware, Robotics and Wireless Technologies (EW)
- Advanced Manufacturing and Nanotechnology (MN)
- Advanced Materials and Instrumentation (MI)
- Chemical and Environmental Technologies (CT)
- Biological Technologies (BT)
- Smart Health (SH) and Biomedical (BM) Technologies
Download a (searchable) PDF for all subtopic descriptions here.
More information at the NSF website.