As you may or may not recall, the NIH has changed its long-standing, scheduled dates for SBIR/STTR proposal submissions.
Below you will find timely information and links to assist you as you consider applying for these opportunities.
September 5, 2015 (This date is a Saturday, so NIH will need to indicate if the deadline is actually, Friday, September 4, 2015 or Monday, September 7, 2015 ) Please check the Website for updates – IPart Pre-Proposal Deadline – Friday/Monday, Aug 7th or 9th.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 – IPart Pre-Proposal Deadline – Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 – IPart Pre-Proposal Deadline – Tuesday, March 8, 2016
***Additionally effective September 5, 2015, HHS SBIR/STTR grant applications will no longer be accepted on AIDS and AIDS-related Due Dates (May 7, September 7, and January 7), as two of the three new due dates are 2 days prior to the current AIDS due dates. – See more at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-038.html#sthash.pOy7KsKV.dpuf
Other NIH, SBIR/STTR Resources & Links:
- Please be reminded that you should reach out to and start working with an IPart Sponsor as early as possible in advance of considering SBIR/STTR federal proposal submission. Building a strong working relationship with our economic development assistance professionals is essential for NOT ONLY preparing a good SBIR/STTR proposal, BUT ALSO to getting the appropriate assistance for your business and technology growth!
- SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL EARLY, if POSSIBLE to allow yourself a chance to address any mistakes or “flags” that may prevent your proposal from being accepted through the submission process and may take a few days for you to receive.
- View the Electronic Submissions Powerpoint and other info for pending applicants HERE
- View Helpful Webinars from NIH HERE
- View top 5 NIH Application submission errors from eRACommons HERE. These top five eRA Commons errors account for approximately 80% of the total errors for SBIR/STTR grant submissions.
- Consult the eRA Commons HelpDesk.