NSF has released their SBIR Solicitation – NSF 10-546
Please follow the above link to go directly to the solicitation. You may also access the solicitation in other formats HERE .
Deadline for Federal Submission: June 9, 2010 (due by 5 p.m. proposer’s local time)
IPart Deadline for Pre-Proposal Submission is Wed. May 12, 2010.
Briefly, the topics are (please rely on actual solicitation for information and detailed descriptions):
- Biotech and Chemical Technologies (BC)
- Education Applications (EA)
- Information and Communication Technologies (IC)
- Nanotechnology, Advanced Materials, and Manufacturing (NM)
Successful proposers will conduct Research and Development (R&D) on projects that:
- Provide evidence of a commercially viable product, process, device, or system, and/or
- Meet an important social or economic need.
Projects should have the following:
- High potential commercial payback, and
- High-risk efforts.
Projects may also address:
- Research tools which meet significant commercial market needs, or,
- Applications that result in multipurpose commercially viable functions.
For more in-depth program information please reference the following web site: http://www.nsf.gov/eng/iip/sbir/sbirspecs.jsp.
Anticipated Type of Award: Fixed Amount Awards
Estimated Number of Awards: 200 to 300 (pending availability of funds).
Anticipated Funding Amount: $45,000,000 for SBIR Phase I (pending the availability of funds).