DOE Small Business Research Programs Funding Opportunity Announcement Emphasizes Investment in Clean Energy Technologies and U.S. Jobs. The Department of Energy is accepting Phase I grant applications from qualified small businesses with strong research capabilities in science or engineering in any of the following research areas:
1) advanced building air conditioning and refrigeration, thermal load shifting, and cool roofs;
2) water usage in electric power production and industrial processes ;
3) power plant cooling;
4) advanced gas turbines and materials;
5) sensors, controls, and wireless networks;
6) advanced water power technology development;
7) smart controllers for smart grid applications;
8) advanced solar technologies;
9) advanced industrial technologies development; and
10) advanced manufacturing processes. p.m. EST.
Successful applicants (approximately 60) may receive up to $150,000 for a Phase I grant for a period of six months to demonstrate the feasibility of the idea.
The Funding Notice is available at www.grants.gov , click on Apply for Grants, then click on Download a Grant Application Package and enter the Funding Opportunity Number: DE-PS02-09ER09-27. The deadline for receipt of Phase I grant applications to either program is September 4, 2009, at 8:00 p.m. EST. Applications must be submitted through Grants.gov. The Funding Notice and Technical Topic Descriptions are also available under Phase I Funding Opportunities. Download the application instructions or the technical topic descriptions.
Application for This solicitation did not fit the timing for IPart Pre-Proposal Assistance.