The U.S. DOT Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program invites small businesses to review its pre-solicitation notice for opportunities within its Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) SBIR Phase I solicitation.
THIS IS A PRE-SOLICITATION NOTICE; NO SUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME (as of 1/5/21).
The pre-solicitation period for U.S. DOT’s FY21 solicitation is from January 5, 2021 through February 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). More information about the pre-solicitation can be found HERE.
What You Should Know:
Technical questions regarding the research topics will be accepted only during the pre-solicitation period (January 5, 2021 through February 2, 2021). Technical questions will not be accepted after 5:00 pm ET on February 2, 2021. Only questions received by posting to the forum HERE prior to the deadline will be answered by the U.S. DOT research topic authors. Answers to all questions from the pre-solicitation period will remain available on the forum when the U.S. DOT FY21 SBIR Phase I solicitation is released on or about February 4, 2021.
- An informational webinar about the solicitation is tentatively scheduled for February 11, 2021, at 1:00 pm ET. More information on how to register for this webinar will be available on the U.S. DOT SBIR website and in the solicitation when the solicitation is issued.
Proposed FY21 Research Topics
Pre-Solicitation Notice Document
Full descriptions of each proposed research topic are included in Appendix A of the pre-solicitation notice.
- Device for Assessing Environmental Impact of Post-Consumer Waste Plastic in Highway and Airfield Materials and Pavements
- In-situ Determination of Pore Solution Resistivity
- Accelerating Performance Testing Using the Asphalt Mixture Performance Tester (AMPT) Equipment
- Reference Hardware for Infrastructure GPS Abnormality Detector for Connected and Automated Vehicle Applications
MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY
- Automated Vehicles: Deployment of Traffic Warning Devices (Triangles)
- Readiness Assessment Technology
- Passenger Train Exterior Side Door Safety
- Wheel Measuring Device
- Robots for Unmanned Disinfection and Decontamination of Transit Assets
- Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Inspect, Repair and Sanitize Transit Vehicles
NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY
- Securing Safe Passage when Crossing a Roadway to Board Buses
- 21-NH2: Ignition Interlock Device Data-Integrated Mobile Device App
PIPELINE AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS SAFETY
- 21-PH1: Lithium Ion Battery Packaging