NASA has announced two opportunities for public-private partnerships to achieve the agency’s goals of expanding capabilities and opportunities in space. Through both solicitations, NASA is seeking industry-developed space technologies that can foster the development of commercial space capabilities and benefit future NASA missions.
Through the solicitation titled “Utilizing Public-Private Partnerships to Advance Tipping Point Technologies,” NASA seeks to advance selected technologies with the goal of enabling private industry to develop and qualify them for market without further government investment. NASA is soliciting proposals for technologies that enable or provide:
• robotic, in-space manufacturing and assembly of spacecraft and space structures;
• low size, weight and power instruments for remote sensing applications;
• small spacecraft attitude determination and control sensors and actuators; and,
• small spacecraft propulsion systems
Please send inquiries regarding this solicitation to: HQ-STMD-TippingPointAppendix@nasaprs.com
Submissions for the Tipping Point solicitation are due by July 23, 2015.
Through the solicitation titled “Utilizing Public-Private Partnerships to Advance Emerging Space Technology System Capabilities,” NASA seeks partnerships focused on industry-developed space technologies that can advance the commercial space sector and benefit future NASA missions. For this solicitation, NASA is looking for technologies in the areas of:
• suborbital reusable and small satellite launch systems development;
• wireless power transfer development;
• thermal protection system materials and systems development;
• green propellant thruster technology qualification; and,
• small, affordable, high performance liquid propellant rocket engine development
Please send inquiries regarding this solicitation to: HQ-STMD-EmergingCapabilitiesACO@nasaprs.com
Submissions for the Emerging Space Technology solicitation are due by July 30, 2015.
More details about both solicitations can be found at: