LOCATION: Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA 19530
SBIR/STTR funding is government R&D funding that requires no repayment, no equity dilution and no “external control”. To date, over $16 billion has been awarded by the SBIR program to various small businesses. This workshop is intended to help you compete for a share of the over $1 Billion available for 2011 and to help us move Pennsylvania up in the overall SBIR/STTR funding pool.
This Workshop Covers:
Overview of SBIR Program background:
- Statistics of proposal successes and awards
Overview of STTR Program:
- Statistics of awards
- Solicitation review, requirements
- Proposal failures, preparation, overview, content, pricing
- Cost accounting system(s)
- Program plan contents
Who should attend?
The workshop is intended for budding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and faculty, who are interested in innovative research funding – even if you don’t have a technical staff or a business.
- Small businesses must meet certain eligibility criteria to participate in the SBIR/STTR program. They must be:
- American-owned and independently operated with < 500 employees
- For-profit (but not necessarily profitable)
- SBIR only: Principal researcher employed by business (need not be Ph.D., but must be able to technically project)
- For STTR, small business must partner with US University or non-profit R&D organization
Non-Incorporated businesses (Sole proprietor and Partnership) are allowed. In fact more than 35% of past awards have been to companies with < 25 employees.
Register for this Training Event HERE