Read more about previous tour stops as well as upcoming tour dates & locations on the SBIR Road Tour Website. We also have a convenient 1-page flyer for the Eastern leg of the Tour and our Pittsburgh Event Here.
UPDATE! – Agenda For Event
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, you won’t want to miss this opportunity!
The SBIR Road Tour is coming to Pittsburgh on Tuesday, June 19th to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Attendees will be given SBIR Agencies Funding Priorities Overviews and learn how to access local and state resources available to innovators, researchers, and technology entrepreneurs. Individual program managers from the 11 participating agencies representing $2.5 billion in early-stage funding will participate in this one-day event alongside technology entrepreneurs and state innovation ecosystem members.
Attendees registering as of 6/14/18 will have the opportunity, on site to schedule one-on-one meetings with SBIR/STTR Program Managers from the following agencies:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Department of Defense – Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Defense – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy (USN)
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Programming for the day includes:
- Using SBIR to Seed-Fund Your Innovative Ideas
- Grant Opportunities for a Public Purpose
- SBIR Success Stories Panel
- Inside the Head of an Evaluator: Lessons Learned and Common Mistakes
- Speed Networking for Innovators, Researchers, and Emerging Companies
- And more!
When: June 19, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (registration opens at 7:30 a.m.)
Where: William Pitt Union, 3959 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Parking and transportation instructions will be emailed to attendees prior to the event.
Cost: $35 / $15 for students. Registration fee includes full access to the event, one-on-one meetings with program managers, networking opportunities, light breakfast, and lunch.
Once registered, you will be able to schedule one-on-one meetings, on site, the morning of the event!
Your scheduled time with federal Program Managers is limited. Therefore, In preparation for your one-on-one meetings with the federal agency PMs, and to make the most efficient use of your time with them – please review and download the following documents: Guidance for Discussions with Federal PMs, How To Prepare a Quad Chart and 2018 Quad Chart Template.