Location: Erie Technology Incubator, 130 W. 8th Street, Erie, PA 16501
When: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Registration Details: Fee: $175; includes breakfast, lunch and 100 page workbook. You must register in advance HERE or by calling 412-396-1633. Class is limited to 25 participants.
This training is sponsored, in part by the Duquesne University SBDC, Gannon University SBDC, Catalyst Connection, the Southwestern PA Commission, and conducted by John Davis, General Manager & CEO of the SBIR Resource Center. Please see the full Workshop Agenda for more detailed information.
What is SBIR/STTR?
SBIR/STTR funding is government R&Dfunding that requires no repayment, no equity dilution and no “external control.” To date, over $16 billion has been awarded by the SBIR program to various small businesses.
Who Should Attend?
Technology-based small businesses entrepreneurs, researchers, and faculty seeking funding for R&D with plans to submit a SBIR/STTR proposal within the next 12 months.
- Decide if you, or your firm, should pursue SBIR/STTR;
- Become aware of the near and long-term intellectual property issues;
- Discover how to best target the agencies and pick/reject topic; opportunities;
- Learn how SBIR & STTR proposals should be different, and why;
- Learn what to do, and how, before writing a proposal (homework is the key);
- Employ strategies and techniques for developing compelling proposals;
- Understand how to handle cost estimates and develop budget proposals; and,
- Ascertain what can be done to increase your odds of winning.