Location: THE CHAMBER of Commerce, Inc., 5000 Brooktree Road #100,
Wexford, PA 15090.
When: Friday, April 29, 2011 from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Registration Details: Fee: $175; includes breakfast, lunch and 100 page workbook. You must register in advance HERE or by calling 412-396-1633. Class is limited to 25 participants.
This training is sponsored, in part by the Duquesne University SBDC, Gannon University SBDC, Catalyst Connection, the Southwestern PA Commission, and conducted by John Davis, General Manager & CEO of the SBIR Resource Center. Please see the full Workshop Agenda for more detailed information.
What is SBIR/STTR?
Who Should Attend?
Technology-based small businesses entrepreneurs, researchers, and faculty seeking funding for R&D with plans to submit a SBIR/STTR proposal within the next 12 months.
- Decide if you, or your firm, should pursue SBIR/STTR;
- Become aware of the near and long-term intellectual property issues;
- Discover how to best target the agencies and pick/reject topic; opportunities;
- Learn how SBIR & STTR proposals should be different, and why;
- Learn what to do, and how, before writing a proposal (homework is the key);
- Employ strategies and techniques for developing compelling proposals;
- Understand how to handle cost estimates and develop budget proposals; and,
- Ascertain what can be done to increase your odds of winning.