Hosted by the University of Central Florida Office of Research & Commercialization an the State University System of Florida.
Conference website and REGISTRATION is located HERE
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
10100 International Drive
Orlando , Florida 32821
Map and Directions
Registration Information: Located HERE
Early Bird Registration Fee: $450.00 – (Extended until September 30, 2016!)
Regular Registration Fee: $550.00
Registration and Processing Fees: A $3.95 registration fee and 4.95% processing fee will be added at checkout for all payments.
Check Payments: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for check payment directions. The online registration form does not need to be completed if paying by check.
Student Discount: $250
A limited number of student discounts will be offered on a first come, first served basis. All students will need to show their student ID when checking in at the conference registration desk to receive this discount. In exchange for the discount, students will volunteer at least three hours at the conference assisting with registration, monitoring sessions, and providing general attendee assistance. Students will also have the opportunity to enter a poster in the student poster competition.
Federal Government Employee Registration: Please contact email@example.com for directions on how to pay by credit card. To pay by check, please complete the following form and mail your check and registration form to the above address.
Federal Government Employee
Non-Federal Speaker Registration: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for directions on how to pay by credit card. To pay by check, please complete the following form and mail your check and registration form to the above address.
Non-Federal Speaker Registration
Refund Policy: Written requests to email@example.com for registration refunds must be received before October 15, 2016. All cancellations submitted before October 15, 2016 are refunded less a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made after October 15, 2016. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows. Registration substitutions from the same institution are accepted.
About the Conference:
HHS SBIR/STTR: Shining a Light on Small Business Innovation
The HHS SBIR/STTR Conference helps small businesses in the life science sector learn more about over $870 million dollars of annual HHS funding that is available to forge academic partnerships and build new businesses based on recently developed biotechnology. This conference is the cornerstone of HHS’s congressionally mandated outreach efforts under P.L. 112-81. Attendees discover how to successfully submit an application; tips for approaching partners and investors; the types of technical assistance programs HHS offers to awardees; and have the chance to discuss specific questions with HHS SBIR and STTR subject-matter experts.
- Understand HHS SBIR/STTR programs and funding opportunities
- Learn about the HHS SBIR/STTR application, review and award process
- Take advantage of one-on-one meetings and networking opportunities
- Learn about other federal agencies’ SBIR/STTR programs
- Discuss with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Administration for Community Living (ACL) opportunities for small businesses to pursue research opportunities that have the potential to turn into products and services that could improve the health of Americans
- Small businesses wanting to develop innovative technology products
- Highly motivated small business entrepreneurs and researchers
- Small businesses interested in new NIH SBIR/STTR initiatives and program changes
- University researchers interested in partnering with small businesses on collaborative R&D projects
- University researchers interested in starting their own companies
- Large companies interested in developing strategic alliances with successful SBIR/STTR awardees
- Organizations and consultants providing support to interested SBIR/STTR applicants
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
#OrlandoSBIR Email Us