The Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Volpe National Transportation System Center, (Volpe Center) issued their 15.1 SBIR solicitation (DTRT57-15-R-SBIR1), which OPENED January 6, 2015 and CLOSES 11:59 P.M. ET, Monday, March 9, 2015.
- Read the DOT’s SBIR FAQ’s
- Register for the DOT SBIR 15.1 Webinar (Thursday, January 8, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. EST) HERE
- Review the DOT’s SBIR Technical & Admin Questions for the 15.1 Solicitation
- If you don’t find your question at the above link – email your 15.1 DOT Solicitation Question(s) to: email@example.com
All questions must be received by: 11:59 pm EST on Friday, February 20, 2015 to receive a response.
- Submit a proposal through DOT’s secure website, starting Monday, February 2, 2015
See Proposal Submission Specifics HERE.
- Deadline for submission is: 11:59 P.M. ET, Monday, March 9, 2015
Pre-Proposal Webinar on January 8, 2015
All Small Business Concerns (SBCs) interested in applying are urged to attend this webinar, which will provide information on the application process and featured solicitation topics.
A pre-proposal webinar for small businesses interested in applying to the FY15.1 U.S. DOT SBIR solicitation will be held on Thursday, January 8, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. EST. Anyone interested in applying to the FY15.1 U.S. DOT SBIR solicitation is urged to register and attend this webinar, which will provide information on the application process and featured solicitation topics.
You may register any time prior to noon on the day of the conference. As soon as we receive your registration, we will email you instructions for connecting to the webinar. You MUST register to participate in the webinar!
If you miss the webinar – A recording of it will be posted to the “Solicitation” section of the U.S. DOT SBIR
Program website (HERE).
Topics for this solicitation are:
FHWA (Federal Highway Administration)
- 15.1-FH1: Driver Engagement/Status Monitoring Technologies for Vehicle Automation Applications
- 15.1-FH2: Community College – Technical School Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Curricula
- 15.1-FH3: Roadway Hazard Alert System for Motorcycles
- 15.1-FH4: From Vehicle Performance to Transportation System Performance – System Impacts of Automated Vehicles
FRA (Federal Railroad Administration)
- 15.1-FR1: Wireless Compatible Digital Train Line (WiDTL) for Passenger Type Vehicles in a Train Consist
- 15.1-FR2: Active Personal Safety System for Train Yard and Road Crewworkers
- 15.1-FR3: Next Generation Freight Truck for Autorack Cars
- 15.1-FR4: Smart Phone Application for Onboard Railroad Passenger Information System
- 15.1-FR5: Browser Based Application for Locomotive Inspection Data Collection
- 15.1-FR6: Locomotive Flashing Light for Trespassers and Pedestrians Warning
- 15.1-FR7: Long Range ROW Detection and Warning System
- 15.1-FR8: Passive Rail Temperature Control Technology
- 15.1-FR9: Portable Rail Suspension Displacement Monitoring System
FTA (Federal Transit Administration)
- 15.1-FT1: Innovative Transit Technology Devices, Applications, or Solutions Focused on Safety, Mobility, or Energy and Sustainability
NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- 15.1-NH1: Improving the Ventilation of Motorcycle Helmets
Complete solicitation information is available on the DOT’s SBIR web site at: http://www.volpe.dot.gov/work-with-us/small-business-innovation-research/solicitation-now-open
The DOT SBIR Program Office publishes two solicitations each fiscal year for proposals on specific research topics of interest to U.S. DOT operating administrations:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology
AGAIN – For more information on this DOT 15.1 SBIR Solicitation, Please go HERE.