Department of Transportation (DOT) recently posted the following notice on their SBIR web site http://www.volpe.dot.gov/sbir:The next DOT SBIR solicitation will open on February 13, 2009 and close on April 15, 2009.
IPart Deadline for Electronic Pre-Proposal Submission is Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Please mark your calendars!
2009 US DOT SBIR Research Topic Titles (Posted 02/02/09)
Please visit Previous Solicitations for historical details and information on past program solicitations (see http://www.volpe.dot.gov/sbir/previous.html)
Topic titles are listed below for your convenience. DOT indicates that “These topics indicate the specific areas for which proposals are to be considered for acceptance by DOT. The topics are not listed in any order of priority. Each proposal must respond to one (and only one) topic as described in this section. A proposal may, however, indicate and describe its relevance to other topics.”
DOT OPERATING ADMINISTRATION/TOPIC
POTENTIAL MAXIMUM FY09.1 PHASE I AWARDS
FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION AWARDS — (5 Awards)
- 091-FH1 Deployment-Ready Technologies Mitigating Shockwave Development On Roadway Systems;
- 091-FH2 Development of a Thermographic Device for Evaluating Integrity of Steel Bridge Coatings Nondestructively;
- 091-FH3 Vehicle Detection, Counting and Tracking System for Travel Surveys, Traffic Safety Systems, and Traffic Control Systems;
- 091-FH4 Pedestrian Detection, Counting and Tracking Systems for Travel Surveys, Traffic Safety Systems and Traffic Control Systems; and,
- 091-FH5 Self-Sustaining, Intelligent Pavement Systems.
FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION AWARD — (1 Award)
091-FM1 Individualized Fatigue Risk Management in Trucking Operations
PIPELINE AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS SAFETY ADMINISTRATION AWARDS — (2 Awards)
1) 091-PH1 Pipeline Safety:
Development of in-field pipeline inspection tools
2) 091-PH2 Hazardous Materials:
a) In-service Testing of Composite Cylinders
b) Nanotechnology Application in Hazmat Transportation