The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science & Technology Directorate recently posted the following announcement on their SBIR/STTR website:
DHS S&T SBIR opened its FY09.1 solicitation on October 29, 2008. The pre-solicitation is available through November 11, 2008. During the period from October 29, 2008 through November 11, 2008, proposers have the opportunity to contact the Technical Point of Contact for each technical topic by telephone or by email to ask technical questions about specific technical topics. The full solicitation was released on November 12, 2008. Proposals will be accepted from November 12, 2008 – January 5, 2009. No further direct contact between proposers and Technical Points of Contact shall occur from November 12, 2008 through the Closing Date of January 5, 2009 at 4:30pm ET.
The following topics are included in the FY09.1 solicitation:
- H-SB09.1-001, Low-Cost and Rapid DNA-based Biometric Device
- H-SB09.1-002, Submillimeter-wave Vector Measurements for Explosive Materials
- H-SB09.1-003, Non Antibody-Based, Selective and Rapid Protein Analysis for Detection of Viruses and Bacteria in Environmental Samples
- H-SB09.1-004, Decision Analytic Approaches for CBRN Terrorism Risk Assessment
- H-SB09.1-005, Hard Drive Unlocking
- H-SB09.1-006, Highly Scalable Identity Management Tools
- H-SB09.1-007, Autonomous (or alternative) In-Liquid Survey Vehicle
IPart clients considering applying for this opportunity would need to submit their Pre-Proposal Application electronically by Monday December 8, 2008 for the Monday January 5, 2009 deadline.