This is a Presolicitation Announcement – More detailed information can be found HERE.
The ACTUAL Solicitation should be issued, on or about Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
ANTICIPATED Federal Submission Deadline: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5pm ET
Innovation Partnership PPA Deadine: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5pm ET
The purpose of this solicitation is to invite U.S. small businesses to submit innovative research offers in response to the solicitation topics, which serve as key research areas for the DOT.
A synopsis of the solicitation is available on FedBizOps.gov.
View a list of proposed topics in the right margin of THIS PAGE.
If you would like to be notified directly when more information is released, please sign up to receive email notifications.
Topics that may be included in this solicitation:
- Analysis of Acoustic Wheel/Rail Contact Signals
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Tools for Relating Various Sensor Data to Adverse Vehicle/Track Inspection
- Drone-Based Track Safety Inspection System
- System Design for Remote and/or Autonomous Operation of a Locomotive Hauled Consist
- Virtual and Augmented Reality to Aid Transit Use by All Travelers
Innovative Technologies for Nondestructive Determination of Fracture Toughness for Pipeline Steels in Transportation Infrastructure
- Dual Purpose Internal Integrity Assessment and Cleaning Tool for Hazardous Liquid Pipelines
- Machine Vision System to Support Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) Safety Applications
- Use of High Resolution Imaging Techniques for Condition Assessment and Damage Detection of Bridges
- Integrated Sensor Unit for Signalized Intersections
- An AI-Based System for Advanced Freeway Data Collection and Analysis
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) and Other Crash Data Visualization and Analysis Tool
Contracting Office Address:
Cambridge, MA 02142-1093
Primary Point of Contact:
Tammy A. Taylor, Contracting Officer