2016 Advanced SBIR/STTR Transition & Commercialization Strategies Conference – June 21, Herndon, VA
Frequently, Innovation Partnership shares educational and training opportunities being offered by our colleagues in other states.
We think this opportunity might be of interest – There’s Still time to Register and attend!
If you are an Innovation Partnership Client who recently received a Technical Review and Travel & Training Award (within the last 6 months), funds from the T&T award could be used to attend this conference.
12 Federal Agencies Confirmed
Multiple Large Primes
State Resource Partners
Services for SBIR/STTR Firms
Special Update on SBIR/STTR Re-authorization Efforts
This special event is held every two years, presenting tips and strategies to help prospective, current and past SBIR/STTR recipients move their technology from Phase I to Phase II to Phase III. Whether you’ve won 1 or 50 SBIR/STTR awards, this event is sure to provide new insights to help you be more successful in your commercialization and transition efforts.
Agenda Highlights include:
- What options are available to Phase I winners that did not get to Phase II;
- Managing your Phase I to improve transition opportunities — many first time awardees are overwhelmed by the work and plan incorrectly;
- Understanding the data rights that SBIR/STTR winners have;
- Using SBIR/STTR as a tool to secure large SOLE SOURCE government contracts — the process is explained, including specific language you can use to show contracting officers;
- Learn how the newly formed Velociter Program is helping DOD SBIR/STTR awardees to rapidly transition their technology throughout the life cycle of the award;
- Update on current SBIR/STTR re-authorization efforts and what this may mean to you;
- Meet with reps from multiple large primes looking to collaborate on proposals;
- Meet with key services providers who understand SBIR/STTR — early and later stage accounting/audit support, legal support for R&D projects, government sales consulting strategist,incubator service for start up federal contractors, and more.
- Meet with reps from 12 SBR/STTR agencies to better understand their processes and support programs for awardees and applicants;
- Tips to help contractors impacted by reduced business caused by federal sequestration;
- End of day networking reception and one on ones with agencies, primes, and support resources!
8:00AM-8:30AM – Check-in
8:30-8:45AM — Welcome Remarks and overview of CIT’s support programs for Virginia Entrepreneurs: SBIR Support Program; CIT GAP Funds; SBIR/STTR Matching Grant Programs
Robert Brooke, Center for Innovative Technology
Tom Weithman, CIT GAP Funds
8:45-9:45AM – Processes to Move from Phase I to Phase II to Phase III at various agencies – what applicants and winners need to know.
John Davis, SBIR Resource Center
10AM-11AM: Strategic Planning & Collaboration — Managing Projects & Customers to Improve Follow On Chances; Engaging with Prime Contractors, Teammates & Distribution Pathways; Tapping Federal Opportunities for Phase I and Phase II Awardees;
11:10AM-12:15PM The Sole Source Advantage — Leveraging your SBIR/STTR to secure large federal awards.
12:15-1:00PM – Lunch / Exhibits Open
1:00-1:15 – SBIR/STTR Re-authorization Updates — what are some of the proposed changes to the program, what these changes may mean to you, and what you can do to make sure your voice is heard – Presented by Jere Glover, Small Business Technology Coalition
1:15-2:00PM – Tips to move your SBIR/STTR from Phase I to II to III – an insider’s perspective
Presented by Dick McNamara, Former NAVY SES — Mr. McNamara has the distinction of having managed over $1 Billion in successful SBIR transitions to the fleet.
2:00-2:45PM – SBIR/STTR Data Rights from a Legal Perspective
Presented by Kristen Ittag, Arnold & Porter
3:00-4:00PM – Growing your Domestic Business: Concerned about Sequestration impact on your business? This session presents processes and strategies to explore commercial business opportunities. Particularly important to those with DOD and NASA funding and those impacted by sequestration reductions. Presented by Roy Luebke, GenEdge Alliance
4:00-4:30PM – Transition Support Programs – SBIR Agency Quick Pitches. Learn about the support programs agency have to support their SBIR/STTR recipients. Don’t miss out on this valuable support!
4:30-6:00PM – Networking & One on Ones with Primes, Agencies and Support Resources. Meet with reps from:
- NAVY SBIR/STTR
- DARPA SBIR/STTR
- Dept. of Defense SBIR/STTR
- Dept. of Defense Velociter Program
- Dept. of Energy SBIR/STTR
- Dept. of Homeland Security SBIR
- National Institutes of Health SBIR/STTR
- National Science Foundation SBIR/STTR
- NASA SBIR/STTR
- NOAA SBIR
- USDA SBIR
- Dept. of Education SBIR
- Lockheed Martin
- GenEdge Alliance
- Virginia Procurement Technical Assistance Program
- Virginia Small Business Development Center
- Miles & Stockbridge (Law firm for early stage tech firms)
- Jameson & Company (Accounting firm for early stage tech firms)
- G2G Consulting (Federal Contracting strategy firm)
- ICAT Systems (QuickBooks Compatible Software, Training & Support)
- Eastern Foundry (Incubator for early stage government contractors)
- Virginia based small tech firms: $65
- Non-Virginia based small tech firms: $125
- Virginia based University: $50
- Non-Va based University: $95
- Large Primes: $125 (Includes one on one networking table)
- Business Service Providers: $225
REGISTER & More INFO: Click HERE