2009 National SBIR/STTR Conference – Nov. 2-5, 2009
The conference will bring together federal program administrators from all of the SBIR participating agencies, venture capital and angel investors, large companies, secondary market and traditional lenders, university and federal laboratory representatives and other experts who provide assistance or are interested in doing business with early-stage ventures.
Participants will also hear presentations by SBIR award winners who have successfully commercialized their research, and learn about opportunities while networking with peers involved in innovation. For more information, email Dr. Fritz Grupe at email@example.com or visit the conference website at http://www.unr.edu/sbir-sttr2009 A downloadable flyer for the conference is located here.
The conference is designed specifically for:
• Entrepreneurs engaged in innovative research
• Small businesses and other innovative companies looking for start-up support
• Venture capital and angel investors
• IP, securities and corporate counsel
• Research scientists from public and private labs
• Audit, accounting and tax professionals
• Commercial lenders
• Public and private analytical laboratory managers
• Corporate CEOs/COOs/CFOs
• Prime contractor procurement representatives
• Economic development, workforce development and private business services providers focused on
• University technology transfer, grant and contracts administrators
• Elected and appointed public officials interested in learning how they can participate in the growth of
• State SBIR program representatives
• Attend sessions that provide a comprehensive overview on how to apply for and win government
SBIR/STTR funding grants.
• Listen to high-level guest speakers, government officials and top industry leaders.
• Learn how to market high-risk ventures to companies looking to outsource their innovative needs.
• Meet with high-tech companies and research facilities on exhibition.
• Hear about the successes of companies that have commercialized their products through SBIR/STTR.
• Network with individuals from all phases of the process: research, development and commercialization.
Conference Registration and Fees
Registration for the conference and all optional pre-conference and post-conference workshops is available online here. You may also download a registration form here (pdf). For more information, call Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno, (775) 784-4062 or 1-800-233-8928.
Early conference registration: $395, by Sept. 15, 2009
Late conference registration: $495, after Sept. 15, 2009
Conference fee includes conference breakout sessions and meetings, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks each day.
Exhibitor registration: $1,500 ($1,250 for nonprofit agencies), includes exhibitor booth and two conference registrations. Additional booth members must register as conference participants. More information is located on the conference website.