Find Help Now
More than $2.5 billion in federal R&D funding is available to early-stage companies, but finding your share of the money doesn’t come easy.
You need an experienced guide to help you navigate through the maze of federal application requirements, bidding procedures and proposal deadlines. You need the Innovation Partnership (IPart). IPart is dedicated to helping early-stage Pennsylvania technology companies find the funds they need to nurture great ideas toward commercialization. To access the assistance provided by the IPart you must work with one of our Partner Organizations. Please go to the Innovation Partners Page to locate a Partner near you.
Pre-Proposal Assistance Program
IPart provides a no-cost evaluation of your SBIR/STTR proposal concept. Simply use our secure online form to submit details about your proposal. Within 10 days, you’ll receive a written evaluation of your proposal idea. All proposal concepts are protected by non-disclosure agreements to ensure confidentiality.
Financial Support for Grant Preparation
- Professional service fees for market studies, writing, editing, proofreading, critiquing and printing
- Consulting fees that support technology development and commercialization
IPart provides funding awards of up to $1,000 to reimburse costs directly associated with travel
and training related to your federal R&D funding proposal. Funds may be used to:
- Visit a federal agency, federal program manager or laboratory potentially sponsoring your technology
- Attend state, regional or national SBIR/STTR conferences
- Attend training sessions in areas such as writing a winning proposal, managing tactics after the award, working with federal funding agencies and commercializing your technology
IPart provides training workshops and seminars from general overviews of the SBIR process to agency-specific requirements. The events section of our website shows all planned seminars in Pennsylvania.